Thursday, February 23, 2017

Round Manger in Burgundy

I was looking for another die that would do manger/nativity Christmas cards.  I found this die at a local scrapbook store.  The selection was not great because we are just passed the season but I was grateful there were a couple to consider.

I created this Christmas Card with a new die - Creative Die 51-254 Manger by Penny Black.  It measures 2 inches in diameter.  I cut it and the Die-namics Stitched Square Frame from burgundy linen card stock.  I ran the square die again through the Big Shot with non shed gold glitter card stock.  I trimmed it a little bit to leave the tiny border of card color between it and the frame. The frame was adhered to a ivory textured card and the gold glitter square as adhered in the center of the frame.

The Manger die cut is held in place with just a tiny gold star brad which repeats the star shape and means no gluing tiny pieces of paper. Yeah!

The greeting is a Stampin Up Modern Label punchie in the same burgundy linen card stock  with a sentiment punched with the SU Word Window punch.  These are layered then adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.

Submitting to City Crafter Challenge - 350 - A Few Stitches.  

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful take on our theme. I love your CAS design. Perfect for a Christmas card. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a dynamic card, and love the colours here, great stitching too. Thanks for playing along at CCCB.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.