Thursday, February 16, 2017

Tea, Fellowship and Spring

This was my tea this afternoon.  I'm going with summer colors as the weather today was really warm and I can see that it is on it's way. 

The tea is Lemon & Ginger by Clipper which is really nice.  Served in my true blue dishes which have been neglected during the winter season.  I chose a yellow place mat and a striped napkin.

The glass fruit in the wide bowl from the true blue dishes are a new acquisition. 

A couple Citrus and Cranberry cookies.

The glass fruit in the wide bowl from the true blue dishes are a new acquisition.  I have been looking for a few glass lemons for a table center. 

I managed to get 12 fruit in a punch bowl for about $1 each.  I was thrilled.  I chose the lemon, pear and banana for this bowl.





I have been spending time on one of my goals for 2017 - relax

I received this tea coloring book in the blog giveaway from Margie at Tea in the Valley

I selected a doodle tea cup and chose colors to coordinated with my afternoon tea.  The colors are deep yellow, true blue and navy.










It was our women's fellowship Welcome to my Kitchen group get together this morning.  Our host provided some baked quiches, cinnamon rolls, fruit, cheese, yogurt, juice and delicious tea.  We were 9 with a few new attendees.  It was a wonderful time.

These small quiches were absolutely delicious. 

They were baked in muffin tins.  They had cheese and ham. 





After breakfast and a made a visit to the wetlands.

The pussy willows are starting to emerge.  I think it is a bit early and hope they don't get a shock later when we get more snow and cold weather. 

It was very encouraging to see them though. 

The pond is nearly melted which surprised me.  There are bits of snow still showing.  I did not manage to get a photo of the chickadees which were certainly singing their hearts out.  

Sharing with Jann at Daily Cup with Mrs Olson - Share Your Cup #236.



Tuesday Cuppa Tea hosted by Ruth.


Bernideen's Tea Time 

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely teatime with all the blue and yellow. So many signs of spring here and your breakfast with tea looks wonderful! Thanks for sharing Sylvia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sylvia- what a happy post. I like you used fun bright summer colors - yes ma'am, if you have pussy willows starting to appear you are well on your way! We here in mid Ohio it takes much longer. This is a first Val Day when it wasn't snowing that I can remember in a long while. Very odd weather we've been having! Today is sunny and warm - yesterday it lightly snowed. WEIRD!

    Anyway, I love Margie - isn't she the best? I like your coloring book tea cup, well done!

    Have a tea-lightful weekend, and thank you for stopping by and for your sweet comment.

    I am your newest follower. : - )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you liked the tea and have been enjoying the Tea Time colouring book. The mini quiches look scrumptious! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sylvia, mmm, set a place for me at your kitchen table anytime! Looks so warm and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color combination of your tea! Your pretty coloring worked in perfectly. It's going to be warm here tomorrow, but then turn cold again. My Pussy Willows will bloom in March. I need to harvest them before the buds are spent. Love using them in spring décor! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.