Saturday, February 4, 2017

Wedding Shower - Thank Yous & Card

I attended a wedding shower today. I made a set of 24 thank you notes for the bride to be. 
Her colors were blush and navy blue so I chose those for the project.
I created the blush paper by brushing Tim Holtz Tattered Rose Distress Stain onto white pearl card stock.  The sheets were left to dry over night.  I was glad to see that the sheets were back to being flat in the morning.
I made the blush hearts with the Stampin Up! Sweetheart punch.  I was able to get 10 from a strip of card stock 2 inches x 11 inches.  I alternated the bumps to make efficient use of the paper.
The ivory cards have a gold foil greeting the center.  I used the SU Modern Label digital stamp to create the label around the words.  The dots are from the Lemonade Stand digital stamp set.  I printed the label and the dots in Night of Navy.  I adhered the hearts with double sided tape. 

I made a card for the couple.  I chose an ivory textured card stock for the card.  I chose the label from the Everything Eleanor digital stamp set.  I colored it with Night of Navy. 
The sentiment is also in the same dark blue.  I mounted another set of blush hearts in the center of the label. One is mounted with 3D foam tape to allow the other to easily be adhered behind it.
The shower was well attended and the gift table was overflowing with lovely things to get this couple started in their life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.