Monday, March 13, 2017

Tea with a Friend - Yellow and Blue

I had tea with another friend today.  It's been a couple of months since we talked.  We had a lovely visit and caught up on our lives.

I set the table with the navy tablecloth topped with the white lace one.  I chose my sunshine yellow Libbey Tableware plates.  These were one of the first plates I bought just because I loved them. 
I chose some simple clear glass water glasses and 365+ Cobalt Blue porcelain mugs. 




I coordinated the place settings with the matching 365+ Cobalt Blue teapot by IKEA. 

We had Bengal Spice by Celestial Seasonings which is quickly becoming a favorite for non caffeinated tea. 

I added my vase of sunflowers to the table in hopes of cheering up the space a little despite the snow outside. 

The glass fruit as still working for me so this dish may last a while.




We had apple crisp for a snack.

I am sharing with the following:

Ruth at Tuesday Cuppa Tea
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a charming table setting. I love anything with polka dots and your plates are precious. I found four different colored sandwich plates at the thrift shop this past weekend - they have polka dots all over them, not just on the rims. Some day I shall come across a polka dot teapot. Your table is bright and cheery -just the thing for a snowy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely tea time, Sylvia! I've become a big fan of the blue and yellow combo thanks to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sylvia
    I'm in love with your pretty yellow plates - Like Jo Ann I'm a lover of polka dots too!
    The Apple Crisp sounds yummy too.
    Following you now so we can stay in touch!
    Your Christmas Card Challenge interests me too - maybe you could send me some info if that's OK.
    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your yellow and blue table is so welcoming and lovely! Lucky friend to be able to share tea with you! Your vase of sunflowers the perfect touch to your table!
    ....Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.