Monday, August 21, 2017

Perky Poppies - Card Exchange

Today, I made some cards for my monthly card exchange.

I chose a piece of decorative paper from my stash featuring yellow, orange and blue.  This is acrylic paint on white card stock with sponging using stencils to provide some texture and interest.

I cut it to 3.75 x 5 inches. 

I then cut my flowers with the Memory Box Perky Poppies die from navy card stock.  I trimmed the die cut down to fit onto the decorative paper.  I adhered it with tape behind the band at the bottom and a bit of quick dry adhesive behind the poppies.

This was layered onto a navy piece of card stock which matched the flowers.  I then adhered it to a golden yellow card base.



My second card was a navy and orange combination.  I chose the same decorative paper and the navy poppy die cut.

I cut my die cut too short so it did not meet the bottom of the navy layer but since they are both the same color it works. 

On this card I chose a tangerine colored card base which works well with the decorative paper.




These cards are off to my card exchange buddies today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.