Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Decorative Paper Cards to the Gallery

I love the colors on this decorative paper too.  It's so much fun to make and each piece is unique so not easily replicated when it turns out so well.

I trimmed the decorative paper to leave a large border on the royal blue card base.

I die cut a yellow butterfly with the Sizzix Winged Beauties framelit set.  I used a navy marker to color in his body.  It was adhered to the card front with 3D foam tape.  I turned up it's wings a big to add more dimension.

I chose a french greeting for this one the same yellow.  It was printed and punched with the Stampin Up Modern Label punch.  I punched another from the same card stock as the butterfly. I cut it in half crosswise and glued each half offset to the right and left sides.  It was adhered with 3D foam tape as well.

Another card which would do nicely for a male recipient.  I chose a pea green card.

I cut the decorative paper to leave a small border on the card.

I adhered with quick dry adhesive the 3 gears. The are layered with the largest first and the others over the first.  It nice to have them related to each other.  These were cut with the Tim Holtz Gadget Gears die in 3 colors - rust, pea green and true blue.

I added 3 gold square brads in the bottom right hand corner to add some dimension.




My wedding cards sell well at the gallery so I chose to make another.

I selected a white card and adhered to the front a piece of bubble paper featuring teal, purple and green.

I punched a white heart with the Stampin Up Sweetheart punch and embossed it with a Cuttlebug Juli's Garden.  It was adhered to the card front with a white brad to which I added an iridescent flower sequin.

I punched birds with the Stampin Up Bird Builder punch. One teal one purple. I added white wings embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. The birds were adhered with 3D foam tape. I added white branches to ground the birds.

The card has 2 "Congratulations" greetings included one in each French and English. They were punched with the Modern Label punch and will fit nicely between the ends of the branches below the birds.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.