Monday, January 22, 2018

Card Club Kit - Set 3 - Card 4

I just loved this designer paper - WeR Memory Keepers - Wildflower - Botanical. I spent way too much time finding the right image for this card but I am happy with this owl available from Pixabay.

I printed the owl in Early Espresso onto vellum and clear embossed it.  I trimmed the vellum to 3.75 x 5.00 inches.  I tacked the vellum in place leaving a small border. 

I cut a slit in the fold and ran the dark brown seam binding through and brought it around to the front.  I placed some double sided tape between the vellum and designer paper where it will be hidden by the ribbon. I knotted the ribbon and trimmed the ends.

I placed the leaf onto the ribbon and used a push pin to create a hole through the card front.  I pushed the tiny brad through a hole in the leaf, and captured it under the brad.  This works to keep the leaf and the vellum secure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.