Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Recent Photos

It snowed again yesterday, but not as bad as in the eastern provinces.  No huge problems here in my area.  I should have taken a photo yesterday when it looked like Christmas but I was in the middle of a calendar photo shoot and missed the opportunity.  More about the new calendars to come.

A Drifters and Dreamers Romance is a good way to start on this book.  The story's main character is a woman doctor in 1917 Named Addison Carter. Just graduated and headed to her first job in Oklahoma but she is rejected because she is a woman.

She is rescued by a woman with a brother Tucker who has just fallen off the barn roof.  He broke a leg and cut a hand pretty bad. They don't have a local doctor and could she come and help.  Needless to say she stitches him up and then is hired to care for him for 6 weeks.

The house is a bachelor mess which gets cleaned up, meals are prepared, chores on the ranch are done and Addison is happy to serve.

I won't give it all away but it was a great way to spend a cold afternoon.

I was in to help a friend clean up computer stuff and found a box of old 3.5 inch diskettes.  These were of excellent quality.  The diskettes I destroyed but the cases were headed to the second hand store until I decide to see if I can use them to package a collection of Photo Art I am working on.  Think it is going to work.  More about those when they are ready for craft sales.

Sharing with Maggie at Normandy Life who hosted Mosaic Monday #81.

3 comments:

  1. There's nothing like loosing yourself inside a good book, I did it myself on Monday!
    Hope you're having a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative use for the cases - look forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it ever going to stop snowing? I love those diskette cases. Have a fabulous weekend and thank you for stopping by my blog this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.